A word or two about my book summary reviews...

Hello and welcome to the I Love Arnis blog!



Before I begin, please allow me to tell you that these summary reviews are a labor of love. I am quite possibly the biggest combat arts/self defense geek ever to walk God’s green earth, and...I like old books.  I enjoy exploring the written word as it applies to the warrior systems of the Philippines and other countries throughout the world. I sincerely hope that you (dear reader) will enjoy these little journeys through the books that feature the arts in which we train.

That having been said, I feel it's important to remember that just as no person is perfect, no book is perfect. Content or mechanical problems aside, if we are to read and learn more to do more and to be more, we must read with both eyes open and use our critical thinking abilities. Always remember that whenever we're reading what someone has written (including me) that we are reading someone's opinion. So I tend to always be ready to chew the meat and spit out the bones. 

My Kenju Karate instructor, Sensei Ted Luker, told me many years ago that we can learn something from anyone. We may learn how to do something or how to live and in contrast we may learn how not to do something or how not to live. If we remain humble, intellectually honest, and spiritually responsible there is so much out there for us - and knowledge is power.

Pugay from the Philippines! Thanks for checking out the blog. God bless you, have a great day, and remember - whenever you train, train with all your heart!

Comments

Popular Posts